Hugh R. Laws
Hugh R. Laws is a 26 year veteran of the legal community of Russellville, Arkansas. The first 25 years of his career, he was mentored by his father and founder of Laws Law Firm, P.A., Ike Allen Laws, Jr. Hugh is a fourth generation native of the Arkansas River Valley.
Hugh's practice specializes in civil and criminal casework. His extensive trial experience ranges from capital murder to medical injury jury verdicts in excess of a million dollars. Throughout his three decades of client representation, he has worked thousands of cases for the accused, the wronged and those victimized in society.
Hugh is married to Tamara Hodges Laws. They have two children – Harrison and Alix Ann.
• Dardanelle High School – 1981
• Bachelor of Arts Degree – History / Political Science, Arkansas Tech University – 1985
• Juris Doctorate, University of Arkansas School of Law – 1988
• Voted 3 times as Best Attorney by readers of the newspaper The Courier
• House of Delegates to the Arkansas Bar Association
• President and Board of the River Valley United Way
• President of Russellville Jaycess
• Legal council to Arkansas Jaycess
• Arkansas Trial Lawyer Association
• Arkansas Bar Association
• Pope County Bar Association
• National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
• Arkansas – 1988
• United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
• United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit